MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I was fired from work and my boss send me an email that I

Good morning I was fired from work and my boss send me an email that I been fired because someone tell him that I was working for another company when I was working at his company which isn't true.And my question is can I do something with that? Thank you
JA: Was this retaliation? Or based on age, race, religion, gender, or disability?
Customer: I don't know
JA: What kind of workplace is this (private sector, public sector, etc.)? How many employees?
Customer: It's a rendering company it's private around 30 but i was self-employed
JA: Where are you located? Workplace termination laws vary by location.
Customer: The work was in Worthing but my home place is in Coventry
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think it's ok thanks

Hi, I am happy to help you with your enquiry.

Your dismissal can be considered unfair if your employer does not: (1) have a good reason for dismissing you; or (2) follow the company’s formal disciplinary or dismissal process.

Hence, I advise you to review the e-mail and see verify if you have been dismissed for lawful causes. Some of these causes include: (1) poor performance; (2) bad behavior; (3) violation of your employment contract; or (4) other substantial reason.

If your workplace has an appeal process, I advise you to inform your employer or the HR department that you are exercising your right to appeal the dismissal. You should first attempt to settle the dispute with your workplace in accordance with their established procedures.

If you have already attempted to appeal the dismissal with your employer, but have failed, you may also coordinate with Acas. They are an agency that can assist you by setting up an employment conciliation procedure. They may be contacted here through their helpline at 0300(###) ###-####

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok. I was self employed and falsely accused of working for someone else while working there.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok. I was self employed and falsely accused of working for someone else while working ther.

I see. I would advise you to review your contract. Some contracts prohibit its employees from engaging in other businesses, even if you were self-employed.

If there is no prohibition, I advise you to talk with the appropriate HR officer, or your boss, regarding the matter. Politely explain to them that you were not working for someone else, and if you have evidence to back up your claim, present them as proof.

is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No Thank you for your help

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future if you have further enquiries.

We are always available to help if needed.