Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

My dog has a muzzle and lead order while outside my house

My dog has a muzzle and lead order while outside my house issued in court, due to him bruising a man’s arm. Can I still place him in kennels when I go on holiday as this will be outside my home and he won’t be muzzled full time in kennel?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kent uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: He is always muzzled and kept on lead when not in my house or garden.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My dog was seized by the police put in kennels for 9 weeks while they investigated, I went to court and got issued a £350 fine and a muzzle and lead order. Not sure how he will behave in a kennel after being police kennels where he stopped eating and he wouldn’t let anyone near him. He is a German shepherd. I have used the same kennels for last 10 year when I go on holiday however he not been in kennels since this incident as it was last Christmas.
Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

Thank you for your patience. It depends on the wording of the conditions of the court order. You are free to paste the wording and I can check this for you. It is very important to comply with the order as breach of an order made under section 2 of the Dogs Act 1871 is a criminal offence under section 1(3) of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1989.

I hope this was helpful. Fell free to come back with anything else. I will help to the extent I can.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** your prob right best not to put him in kennels as if he bit anyone in there they would be able to destroy him due to the previous incident. Not worth it for the sake of a holiday.Thanks again enjoy your day

Ok, understood. Many thanks for using our service.