Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I met a girlfriend. She stole my identity data. My bank card

I met a girlfriend. She stole my identity data. My bank card was overdrawn by her by 6,500. Now her phone is off. I don’t know English and I don’t know what to do.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in the UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: The police gave me your contact information The police asked me to contact you to see what I should do
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I did not find a lawyer

我认识了一个女朋友 她盗用了我的身份质料我的银行卡被她透支了6500 现在她电话关机了 我不会英文 不知道应该要怎么做 JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: 是在英国 JA: What steps have been taken so far? Customer: 警察给我你的联系方式 警察叫我联系你看看应该怎么做 JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you. Customer: 我没有找律师

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. In which country did you contact the police?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
33521;国 我人是在英国
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
25105;不会英文

Hi, sorry are you able to write in english?

I believe you have stated that you contacted police in england?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
25105;用手机翻译是可以的
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
25105;没空 就发信息给我可以吗
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
20294;是你打电话给我 我不会讲英文的呀

Hi, ok. Thank you for your message. The phone call request is automatic in case you want a call. I will answer your question here. You will need to gather all your evidence and contact a solicitor in your area who may be able to represent you. You can explain that you will need a translator or someone who understands your language. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ You will be able to search by specialism and also town or postcode to find one near you. You should also contact your bank to explain the situation so that they also can look into this matter. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. Best wishes