Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I need to speak with a lawyer about a crime I am being

I need to speak with a lawyer about a crime I am being investigated for
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Liverpool England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have given my statement to the police and am now being asked to provide evidence I need legal advice on this
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have already admitted to being guilty to the crime i am being investigated for

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

What do you want to know?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I took over £19,000 from my place of work to give to another person to stop them from causing trouble and to go away from my family, I am now under investigation from this and to prove I don't have the money I need to provide my bank statements to the investogating officer. My bank statements don't look good though as it shows large amounts of money going into my bank which has all come from cash in hand money I have been saving for over a year. I obviously still have to provide these but what could be the consequences if I cannot prove where this money came from?

If you cannot prove where this money came form then it may be suspected to be the proceeds of crime and seized. In addition, the fact that it is the proceeds of cash in hand work suggests potentially tax evasion which may mean this is referred to HMRC to investigate and you might face charges in that regard as well. I trust this assists

Thank you for your time on the phone as discussed the sentencing guidelines indicate a starting position of a year in prison, with a range of 26 weeks custody to 2 years in prison. I would be hopeful you could get the lower end of that given you good character thus far and maybe a suspended sentence. I trust this assists