How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3778
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

Needs some advice about a personal injury claim, Essex, UK,

This answer was rated:

Needs some advice about a personal injury claim
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Essex, UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I submitted a claim via HMRC business centre but the defense have said its been submitted incorrectly
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that i can think of right now

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. I suffered a personal injury and they denied any blame for a faulty fixture in a car park. I went online about how to submit a claim through the courts and what I read led me to believe by using the new HMRC claims via an online portal at the HMRC business centre. I did this and paid £400. The defendant instructed a solicitor who responded with the below.Our Client : LCP Group
Date of Incident : 9 January 2020We have been instructed by Zurich Insurance to act on behalf of London & Cambridge Properties Limited.We note you are a Litigant in Person and currently unrepresented by a Solicitor. We recommend that you seek legal advice as soon as possible.In terms of your claim, we note you have incorrectly issued proceedings in the County Court Business Centre. We therefore invite you to issue proceedings in the correct court. Failure to do so will result in us obtaining instructions from our client to make an Application to strike out the claim and seek our legal costs from you in doing so.As the case has been issued in the incorrect court and relates to a Personal Injury claim, a County Court Judgment (CCJ) will not be made against our client. We refer you to Practice Direction 51, 2.1 (3) (e) in which a OCON1 form should not be used if the claim is for personal injury.In terms of the allegations made against our client, please note we are unable to respond as the case has not been issued and served correctly. We also note you have failed to serve Particulars of Claim and medical evidence in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules.Please note we will be contacting the Court to advise them of our position.Dear Sirs,
Further to the below, please confirm whether you intend to discontinue your claim in the County Court Business Centre. If so, kindly forward your Notice of Discontinuance.
Should we fail to receive this by 26th November 2021, please note we will make an application to strike out the claim and seek our costs in doing so.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Lois Nuttall

You will have to contact the court and withdraw these proceedings.  You will want to take legal advice on the correct proceedings but his is likely to be in the Queens Bench Court.  You have to ensure the claim is set out and submitted correctly or it will never see court.  If you have been wrongly advised of the court process. you can make a small. claims acton agains the body who advised you to recover this cost.  There are many law firms in the UK who will offer no win no fee personal injury claims representation and I can signpost a few links to help.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you