SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My father past away in April and my step mother is executive

My father past away in April and my step mother is executive for would and now she's not answering my calls. I no my dad left me in will but how do I find out please
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West Midlands
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: Do you mean me my dads daughter
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Are wills public knowledge to read
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Were can I read my dads will
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Shall I hang up and wait for call
Please hang I will call you back
I may not call immediately as i will be concluding another case, please bear with me. Please advise an appropriate time today.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I sent £5 not 44 pound please put back in my account
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Your commiting fraud
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
You have taken 44 pounds from my bank fraudulent please refund

Good evening, thank you for your message. The system except for when you are engaging with me ( the solicitor) is quite heavily automated. So when w call offer is accepted the payment for the call is earmarked but it is not debited from your account completely until I confirm that I have talked to you, or a colleague. You will have accepted the offer perhaps in error and in that case you just email just answer***@******.*** they will resolve for you without any issues. There is definitely no fraud, we are here to help not to cause you more upset.

If she has a copy of his Will she ought to give you a copy as you are a potential beneficiary. With your dad having passed on in April the longer you are without the Will the more impossible it will be for you to query it’s content when you get a copy. If you know he owned a property you should contact the Land Registry to advice you would like to register a caveat against the property as a potential beneficiary. This will stop his widow from selling it without you being notified. If you request a copy and she keeps refusing you can make an application to court for her to release it,

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message I am glad to clarify anything. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best