james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Wedding photographer is late with our wedding pictures, they

Wedding photographer is late with our wedding pictures, they committed to a deadline of 'no more than 20 days'. they have now told us after the 24th days it may take up to 70 days
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have emailed them, asked for clarification by email. they replied because of Covid the editing team is 60-70 days out
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want to know my rights in this situation

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

First you will need to refer to your contract with the company and see exactly what it says about supply time and delays, there may well be a clause that allows for a late delivery?

Three and a half times the 20 period is extreme granted, and if they knew of such delays should heave taken on more staff, or reduced work load etc . Certainly they should be talking compensation to you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
what additional details do you need
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i have attached the contract
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have also attached the emails i sent today asking for an update about our pictures and Tolman medias response.

S.4 clearly states that no later than 20 days after wedding.

The company are using covid19 as an excuse.

The contract was signed in September 2020, a good 6-7 months after the start of covid19 and lock downs etc. Therefore I would argue that they should have made arrangements or changes to the contract if they want to use cover as an excuse not to perform the contract on time.

s.13 Fore majeure. This does not apply. They have supplied the service and taken money. Besides their force majeure doe not list a pandemic as grounds.

It may be possible to use s.10 b ii and give hem 7 days to cure they material breach of contract, otherwise you can terminate the contract. Thos however does not give you what you wanted for the wedding.

You could use that section and advice that if they do not supply within the 7 days you will sue them for breach of contract.

They have had 13 months for signing contract to date of supply to sort their business. Covid is no excuse for this extremely poor service.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
You are right, terminating the contract is not to our advantage as we want our photos and video.
Am I right then to assume if we wish to wait for our photos we don't have any specific rights to demand the photos band videos be delivered sooner.

Only s.10 b ii, demanding they cure within 7 days.Or you can threaten to sue if they don't. This does not mean you are cancelling simply giving them 7 days to avoid possible legal action for breach of contract.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thank you for your advice

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.