Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have an upcoming meeting at my place of work, after being

Hi I have an upcoming meeting at my place of work, after being suspended
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Sidcup
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What were you suspended for? and what is your specific query in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am a teaching assistant and last week Wednesday I was taking temperature of year 3 students coming into school. I noticed that one of the kids wasn’t wearing a coat and it was particularly cold. I asked him if his mum was still by the gate and he said yes so I said go quickly and get it. There were two adults on the gate so I knew he would be safe. But instead he managed to get out of school and his mum’s friend found him near the school crying and called his mum. His mum picked him up and brought back to school during the morning break time.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I gave a statement and was told that everything would be ok and it was just a learning experience and we all make mistakes
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I went to work on Thursday and nothing happened and then on Friday they suspended me for safeguarding reasons

OK thank you, ***** ***** long have you worked there for, and what specifically would you like to ask about this please?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I need representation at the meeting.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about this situation and any associated issues.

As we are just a basic online chat service, we cannot provide you with representation at the meeting. Not only that, but you are not allowed to take a solicitor with you and by law you can only have a trade union representative or a colleague in with you.

If someone is not a member of a Trade Union, or they have only recently joined them and do not yet get the full benefits of membership, they may not be able to get a union representative to assist them. Instead, they may have to seek other alternatives, such as paying for a union representative on demand.

Slater and Gordon are a national law firm, which provides what they call an Executive Reps service, where they can supply you with a recognised representative to accompany you at a formal hearing. They can be contacted on 0330(###) ###-####

The other firm is Castle Associates, which provides a similar service:

https://castleassociates.org.uk/employee-support/trade-union-support

There will obviously be a cost involved and it won’t be cheap but that would be best discussed directly with the firms.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.