How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3344
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I need to know what is required for: My husband has had a

This answer was rated:

Hi, I need to know what is required for:
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My husband has had a serious stroke and has the standard four weeks care then obviously payment must be made for his care. I live in the West Midlands, his care will require four visits per day two carers I would like to know what other than his state pension will need to be paid.
JA: What steps has your husband taken so far?
Customer: none, he’s unable to speak
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we own our own home, he doesn’t have savings, I am also in receipt of a state pension, he will eventually be sent home for care at the moment he’s being assessed in hospital

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Hi there,

You can apply for Attendance Allowance for your husband which helps with extra costs if your husband have a disability severe enough that you need someone to help look after you.

You could get £60 or £89.60 a week to help with personal support if your husband is both:

  • physically or mentally disabled

  • State pension age or older

Attendance Allowance is paid weekly at 2 different rates - the one you get depends on the level of help you need.

Attendance Allowance is not means-tested - what you earn or how much you have in savings will not affect what you get.

For applying you need to fill the below form-

You need to send the completed form to:

Freepost DWP Attendance Allowance

You do not need a postcode or a stamp.

Click below on the guidance notes to fill the above form-

Vineet S and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you