Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I would like to find out if a company is a genuine business,

Hello, I would like to find out if a company is a genuine business, please
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Wokingham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've called my bank who gave me Trading Standards no. but there is long wait
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I paid £958 up front for mould clearing service. They said they would all me back today. They are called Ice Cleaning

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

When did you make payment? and was it to a business account? Please also explain the situation in some more detail; have they not turned up to do the job?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I paid this morning by Debit card, my own card

OK thanks. So what is the issue exactly? Do you have any particular reason for doubting the legitimacy of this company? If possible, please provide a link to their website

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I made the payment, then they said they would call back sometime today to arrange visit
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
What haapens now?

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me and I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

Hello, Ben

I have spoken to my Landlady who is visiting me on Tuesday 21st to look at the problem with the flatand maybe treat it themselves.

If I cancel the payment with Ice

Cleaning. they take will keep 50% of the charge.

The payment is on hold with them, until

Landlords visit, then I will know whether

to have their service or not.

Hi can you please also provide details of the company, like website, email, address, etc?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have these details -
ICE Cleaning Solutions Ltd
icecleaning. Co. uk***@******.***
Manager is Reilly Peters

Thank you very much for clarifying. I have checked the company and it is legitimate, in a sense that it is officially registered with Companies House and has been in existence since 2017.

This is all I can confirm from a legal point of view. The other feedback comes from various reviews that have been left about them online, which mainly look positive.

I cannot verify how good their services are aa even officially registered companies can produce bad service, but they are legal which is what you asked initially.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for your help, Ben.
It has answered my question.
Kind regards, Sandra

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions
about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to
help. All the best