12826847

I am being accused of fraud from a dating website. They

Hi I am being accused of fraud from a dating website. They wanted to pay a certain amount to have an ID but I told them that I don’t want proceed as it is to expensive. They are saying that either I pay a cancellation fee or they will report me to criminal department. I haven’t given any of my information or given them my bank details or sign up to their website
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing I tried to explain to the site administrator but she keeps on threatening me with going to criminal department
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The whole story was I was talking to a girl and she gave the email to a site administrator for a safe meeting so I asked what’s the process then I respectfully ***** ***** it is too expensive even though according to them everything is refundable

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I believe it is a scare tactic so they can scam me/scare me into paying
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am out of the country at the moment

Do you want me to call then?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If it is easier

Not particularly.  It also might not work if you are abroad.  But I can if you would like?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Re you going to call me now?

It doesn't seem to be working.  I think its because you are abroad.  I can do this online if you prefer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
please

What do you mean?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I meant if we can do it online

OK, so what would you like to know.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If I will be in any danger in regards ***** ***** law or if there is anything that needs to be done
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Because they keep on sending me emails and they tried to make me verify my email to make it look like that I signed up to their website but I didn’t do anything

Did you sign up?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I didn’t I never heard of their website I only emailed the site administrator first to ask about the process and thats it
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I should stop responding to their emails right?

Thanksfor the information

If you didn't sign up toanything then you are not liable. It is as simple as that. They are almostcertainly based abroad anyway and so will not sue you.

They may very well stopsending emails in the long run but they will not do that now. Just ignore them

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okayy thank you so much

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.