How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3778
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

Ive had a small claim made against me and i disagree with

This answer was rated:

Hello Ive had a small claim made against me and i disagree with it, what do i do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Staffordshire England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing ive only received the notification this afternoon
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The person is being threatening, intimidating against me in her behaviour also

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

RJM Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you

Thank you for the question.  As they have intimated a claim, it will go to court (unless there is a settlement) in court you will have the opportunity to question their statements and evidence.  You will also be allowed to provide your own evidence and statements to defend the matter.  The onus is on them to prove their case.  You can represent yourself (litigant in person) or you can instruct someone to do so.  I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.