How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3778
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

Social services have banned me from seeing my grandchildren

This answer was rated:

Social services have banned me from seeing my grandchildren and daughter at Xmas because of my husbands violent past 20 yrs ago, social services have been involved with my daughter because she called the police coz my grandson was secular assaulted by a young man who was arrested but now they've turned it round on us
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nottinghamshire, my daughter lives in Milton Keynes
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I don't know what to do, to be honest,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Um yes last week social services said they were going to shut case and we could all get together and now out of blue we are banned

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hope you can help me

Thank you, ***** ***** sorry to hear about this matter, especially at this time of year.  The SS will have safeguarding concerns given the past presented to them.  However, if you disagree with their decision, you will require to speak and appeal to them directly in the first instance.  If you cannot remedy the matte via their own processes, you could look at attempting to obtain a court order to override this decision.  If you require to go down this route, you will want to gather and present what evidence you have to support your position.  If the consensus is that there is no safeguarding issues in relation to the children, the decision may be overturned.  I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you