How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15443
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

How would I request a copy of a form submitted to a county

This answer was rated:

How would I request a copy of a form submitted to a county Court? It is the Response Pack submitted to a county Court.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Are you asking about the claim form or the response pack?.

If it is the claim form, the court will have a copy - it usually sends the claimant and the defendant a copy too (when it sends the defendant a copy, the response pack is also enclosed too - to allow them to reply to the claim and say whether they admit or deny the claim).
If the online money claim site was used, it may be on there as a saved document - if not then you will need to contact the court and ask for a copy.
If it is the money claim online centre, their contact details are available on this link:
In terms of your question, if you need a copy of the response pack, you can find it here:

You need to fill out the N9 and depending whether you admit or deny the claim, one of the other ones (you will note one is to admit the claim / N9a and the other to defend it / N9b- if you want to defend it, ensure you fill out the defence section).
If the response pack has already been completed and you want a copy, you will need to contact the court as above.

I hope this answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please do let me know.

Many thanks,

Just a final note that I am free most days and would be happy to assist with any other queries you may have.

Best wishes,


Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Jim, thanks for answering but that isn't the question I am asking. I am not looking for a "template form" to complete. I want to know if I can access or request a copy of the Response Pack that was completed and submitted for a specific case. I want to find out what the defendant filled in on the form.I know the case number ***** which county Court it was.

Thanks, ***** ***** have to repeat that you need to contact the court and ask for a copy of the response pack - they will have a copy and they will be able to send it to you if you ask them.
I have given you a link which gives you the court's details. A simple call to them will resolve this for you.
Kind regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Jim, apologies. I misunderstood your answer. Thank you very much.

No problem, thanks - please let me know if I can help further.
Have a good evening.

JimLawyer and 8 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Jim, I have another (related) question but an entirely different question. Am I supposed to raise another question on the site or simply carry on the conversation here?

Hi, if you could post it in a new question, thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Certainly And can I "Invite" you or is it just a random allocation of questions?

If you could mark it at the start of question as "FAO:JIM only" and I will pick it up (I can't stop anyone else from picking it up but if you flag it for me, that should work).

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'll try. It will come through in 3 minutes.

OK, thanks - I will check back shortly

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I tried - "Ben Jones" jumped in right away :) It's a dog eat dog world you're operating in there. ;)

No problem at all, thanks anyway - have a good evening.

For future reference I can deal with most civil litigation questions (court actions, injunctions, dispute resolution, etc), I also have experience in other areas of law (both UK and EU).
Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ben Jones seems to have disappeared off that question I posted, without answering. I'm not sure if you can see it now or perhaps it is allocated but pending. Thanks again, anyway and I'll stop pestering you now.

Thanks, ***** ***** the one I just answered may have been yours (regarding the claim form), if so then the answer should be visible - if you could reply in that question, that would be great.