How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5896
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My question is -- Can a legal expert help me obtain

This answer was rated:

Hi. My question is -- Can a legal expert help me obtain Governemnt Getaway access for HMRC purposes? I am a non-resident foreigner currently residing in a EU country but have been in the UK in the past registered as Sole Trader and filing Self Assessment with HMRC. I need to get my NIC statement but cannot use the online system because it cannot verify my identity. What do I need to do and who can help?
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

The link below guides you through the require system and tells you what is required to create and access an account.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have had problem with identity verification -- I don't have a UK address, phone or bank account. That's usually the problem when I try to use anything on HMRC website.

In that case, sorry to say, but you may need to do it all the old fashioned way and call or email HMRC and submit anything in hard copy paper format.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. Yes, that is what I have been doing. Is it possible to hire a lawyer to use their office address and phone numbers as well as whatever else is needed to verify my identity and use online system service? How much would that cost?
You would need to find a law firm who would offer this service. Accountants often do this for clients a care of address. Or a shelve company etc.

Another rooting could be a Virtual office. These are where you rent a post box, a receptionist takes calls etc. often a cheap option.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. I understand and I'll look into the available options. You have been very helpful! Thank you very much.

Your welcome, good luck.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you