Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Problem with renting, manchester - eccles, try to speak with

problem with renting
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: manchester - eccles
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: try to speak with letting agency but they already change mind 3 times
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: is very long story i do nto think so at the moment

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
sure

Hi there,

What is your specific question, please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ok i try explain the best i can and sorry for my english im not the best in writting

No pressure.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
starting from beginning
i live in this same address 6 years now (7 on going)
my first agreement was leting agency
afther few years landlord decide to skip agency and in june 2021 he back to manage property with agency (new one)
and here is a problem the contact me in november (i was alredy afther my contract with landlord - was end in july)
the said they have to rent increase and propose me only 6 mont h contract (i do not agree)
so i speak with agency and they said landlord decide to give us new controct from january 2022 with 150 rent up
later i agreed with them contract startingfrom january 2022 for 12 month
but today they said lanldord call them and decide to start new contract from december...
and if i dont sign this offer will be removed
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
few days ago they send my new contract and now they change mind ind give me new one (worse one)

So, right now , your tenancy has rolled into a periodic monthly one and the Landlord has given you a new fixed term contract starting from December?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
now
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no*
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ma agreement with landlord was end in july he move everything to the agency from july but they contact me in 2 nd november
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
3 mont i paid my rent directly to landlordand afther that period agency realized i should be paid them
and whe i do my 1 st paid to agency they said my rent is to low (yes this is true ) so i agreed with them 100 increase from januray the agree and today they change mind and said not january but december (even few days ago they already send my new contract starting from januray)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
they give me like 5 days notice
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
is this legal on "rolling contract) (is agency fault they lost my details from july and contact me in november)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i try to contact this letting agent but he never pick up phone and answer for email afther few days (so propably december when they already said offer will be removed)

When a fixed term contract finishes, the tenancy rolls into periodic monthly tenancy if the tenant still occupy the rented premises.

Now, if the Landlord wants the security of the fixed term, then Landlord can offer a fixed term tenancy to the tenant.

Unless the tenancy is agreed by both Landlord and tenant, binding contract can not be formed.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
they can change mind just like that (mean first january and now december)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
to clarify i agreed this contract from january with letting agent but like i said before today eveything colapse

Unfortunately, yes before signing of the contract.

Only once the contract is signed , both parties can get bound by it and can not unilaterally change any term of the contract.

to clarify i agreed this contract from january with letting agent

If the confirmation in writing or verbal?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
email
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i have a copy of this email still with my account

Then you can get back to the Landlord with that email, saying that new contract to start from January has already been agreed.

You are ready to sign the new contract as agreed from January .

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
in his first email is cleary stated new contract starting from january
and afther that he send me another one with new contract
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
in first point was stated from december but few days later he send new one i quote him now - Hi greg ameended nad resended

Write back that you are happy to sign a new fixed term contract starting from Jan as already agreed. ( attach the email as proof)

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
what about this email from today - quote now - Good Morning,I have had a phone call with your landlord and they have state that this agreement is from December.Please can you sign the agreement or the offer will be removed.Kind regards,
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
any suggestion how to answer?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i try call him but no luck

You can write back that you are happy with Jan start as agreed .

It is too short notice for me to start the new contract from December , provided the rent increase, and it was not agreed at all by me.

The start date agreed by me was of Jan .

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
even if im on "rolling contract"?

And I am happy to sign the fixed term contract with the start date of Jan.

Tell them you are ready to sign the fixed term contract now , tenancy commencing from Jan.

Yes, does not matter if currently you are on rolling contract.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ok but what happens if they said landlord said is stated from december

Tell them you are not ready for December start, by citing above given reason.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you all the best

You are welcome. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
that all fro mme at the moment have a nice evening
Have a good one too.