ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Recently had a new driveway undertaken.In the contract it

Hi recently had a new driveway undertaken.In the contract it states that the existing tarmac to be taken up.Then level of hardcore to be installed then a further tarnac to be levelled ready for a reisin compound.At the moment the company have laid the block edging and have patched up the existing tarmac in preparation for the reisin.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Penarth South Wales
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: So far have text the CEO of the company and made numerous phone calls all unresponsive.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not really the company are very well regarded in the local area.I am at a loss why we are being treated this way by them.All the payments for each stage have been made too.
Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here.My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. I may also be that I am in court. I will however email you with a response before the end of the day. I ask therefore that you await a response
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can i have a response to my query please
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No phone call requested
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Not paying 44 pounds
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have not accepted an offer of a phone call and have not requested one.I believe I have been conned please return my 44 pounds.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I will be contacting my credit card provider regarding this unauthorised charge.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

My absolute apologies for the delayed response, it is inadvertent.

With respect to the call, once you accept the offer you are usually billed. However, we have not spoken and I have noted that you do not require a call. You may therefore contact our customer services team and any money taken for a call will be refunded to you immediately.

Here is their information:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

It does not seem as though all is lost between you and this contractor at this stage. It may be a simple case of Christmas overbooking which is not an excuse and not acceptable but is the only reason I can think of why a reputable company would not be completing the job as expected.

If they are not adhering to timelines then this would constitute a breach of contract which would enable you to cancel and ask for a refund of any money paid so far or the cost of having to remedy the situation. It may be worth writing to the contractors erring your complaint and expressing that you would be commencing a claim against  the company or cancelling the contract and seeking a refund if they fails to adhere to  the timeline provided for by the contract.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.