james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My father died last evening, can I arrange a funeral in

My father died last evening, can I arrange a funeral in January or is there a time limit.? Thank you
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.

Very sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my condolences

Legally there is nothing to stop you from holding a funeral in January.

The main issue to resolve is where to keep the body until then. Does the undertaker have space and if so are they willing to do so.

Also to be born in mind, especially following the past 18 months, is covid19.

Today new isolation rules were announced for some South African countries for fear of yet another new type of covid19.

Also the worrying rise in Europe and the fact that the UK despite playing down figures there is still a worrying number in the UK, more than 47,000 new cases in last 24 hours.

There is always the risk that restrictions could be reimposed at very short notice if things get out of hand in th UK as there are in a number if other areas, and during last lockdown etc numbers were limited to very few for funerals.

Just something to bear in mind.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Oh ok thank you , I realise now especially in BC these times. Just another quick question my father died last night and I had a funeral plan with simplicity… they took his body away ,to a so called local place, I don’t know where he is and they won’t tell me either, apparently they inform me in two days!!!! I signed the plan !!! I am distraught I don’t know where my father is I rang them but insisted not to tell me is this really right?!!!!

You have a legal right to know where they have taken the body and to view the body. Contact them again and demand to be told.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I have twice they refuse I’m distraught

Sorry to say but you would need to keep trying.

Depending on what plan your father had paid for could make the difference as to what input you can have.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Oh they said his funeral plan said 2 days? To be honest I’m horrified this can happen, the small print I suspect, I’m still extremely worried, where is my father.

I understand how up setting this must be. Try again in the morning, that is two days from when he passed away.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thank you much appreciated

your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.