Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I bought a car in December 2021 it had 6 months warranty now

Customer Question

Hi I bought a car in December 2021 it had 6 months warranty now after driving few months its front bumper has come off.I went to the dealer several times but couldn't find him and my 6 months of warranty is coming to end soon what should I do. Please advise
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in UK(Leicester) Not spoken to any lawyer
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I went to the dealer I showed him the car(FROM WHOM I BOUGHT).He is telling me to go and show it to some other guy and he will sort it
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's all
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I’m Solicitor4All, a law Expert with over 15 years of experience practice. Thank you for the enquiry. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Good Morning
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for the brief.

Please leave it with me for now, I will respond once done rest assured today.Thank you

You must reject the car in writing as you are still within the first 6 months and the burden is on the dealership t prove the defect was not there at time of purchase. If you want to keep the car and not to reject it you will have the option to get It repaired and to Sue the dealer for reimbursement of the cost since it should not cost you anything during the warranty period,

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message I am always glad to clarify anything. All the best.