Maurizio
Maurizio,
Experience:  Expert
116381621

I have applied for renewal of my passport but have been

Customer Question

I have applied for renewal of my passport but have been rejected due to poor photo; I now have a proper photo do I just send it back to where I originally sent it to and do I have to pay the full amount again
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: have had a proper photo taken but nothing else as I dont know what to do
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Maurizio replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.barcouncil.org.uk/find-a-barrister.html

Expert:  Maurizio replied 19 days ago.

Hello.

How were you notified that the renewal application was rejected?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
by e-mail
Expert:  Maurizio replied 19 days ago.
How had you applied? Online?
Expert:  Maurizio replied 19 days ago.

Please clarify how you applied and paste/upload the rejection email AFTER REDACTING IT OF ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION REFERENCE.

I will revert back to you later.

Expert:  Maurizio replied 19 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Maurizio replied 18 days ago.
In the lack of the clarification requested, I will try to provide a general answer.

If your passport renewal application was rejected because of a "poor" photo, or because the photo lacked the requirements as passport photo, you should have received a communication informing you of the rejection.

You might have been given a deadline to re-submit the photos with the requested specifications, and any indication about the fee should normally be in the communication.

If you are uncertain about what to do, you should contact HMPO, which you can do either via an online form (https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outreach/Passport_Enquiries.ofml) or calling Passport advice on 0300(###) ###-####

This is of course applicable if your application was refused only because of a poor photo.

In case it was rejected (also) for any other reason, you should seek professional advice from a solicitor.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best.

Please do not hesitate to contact JA again if you need help and you may ask to speak with me directly if you wish.

Regards.