JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I was rented a unit for car repairs.was promised planing was

Customer Question

i was rented a unit for car repairs.was promised planing was ok now 3 years later being evicted imediatly seace trading now. am i entitled to any compensation from landlord ??
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: shedfield near southampton under winchester council
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: non only got letter today.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that i know of
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

It sounds like the landlord misled you as regards ***** ***** and because of that, you have had to stop trading.

In effect they induced you to take the unit based on a false statement. That would mean you do have a case.

As a result, you can argue that the landlord is in breach of contract and therefore, liable for your loss. It would be a case of trying to quantify what your loss is - which may be difficult and you should ask a law firm to do this, preferably on a no win no fee agreement so you pay nothing up front.

We cannot offer legal advice or act for you, as we are not a law firm (we are an internet forum) - our remit is online Q&A information and guidance only.

As regards ***** ***** step, it would be a good idea to approach a few law firms who are specialists in this area - they may be able to help obtain an interim payment for you to cover any immediate financial losses (before your case settles in full) - assuming they can obtain an admission of liability from the landlord.

Any of these firms may be able to help you with this :

1. https://www.belllax.com/site/services_disputes/nowin/

2. https://helix-law.co.uk/costs/no-win-no-fee/

3. https://www.wilsonbrowne.co.uk/business/commercial-litigation/litigation-funding-no-win-no-fee/

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

I hope this helps

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JimLawyer.

Thanks again,

Jim