12826847

We are a food distributor and are looking to export to the

Customer Question

we are a food distributor and are looking to export to the EU. Can you please advise what documentation we will require
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been told about commodity codes and invoices but understand depending on the product there are Defra regulations and forms to complete. We will be selling a range of 4000 products that originate either from the UK or EU (having been exported to the UK) ranging from baked beans, marmalades, pasta, rice raw and flavoured plus a large assortment of confectionery ranging from chocolate to sweets containing gelatine.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I understand there are different requirements depending if the product is plant or meat based. So for example a can of heinz baked beans with sausages will fall into two categories?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
another example is mayonnaise made with eggs and olive oil. Eggs are dairy and olive oil is plant based??
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
HELLO???? ANYONE THERE????
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  INC Law replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Do you have a legal representative in the UK and EU?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
your website states you will send a written comprehensive reply by email to which i await. Are you UK based or USA? your website also stated there were 23 uk solicitors on line waiting to answer my query within 8 minutes and it has taken you 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  INC Law replied 17 days ago.

Just Answer is a US company with experts based all around the world.

I am based in the UK.

Not all experts are online all of the time.

Expert:  INC Law replied 17 days ago.

I do not have an email address for you.

Your question requires a substantial response, which is outside the scope of the site. Experts on the site van provide general information only.

Expert:  INC Law replied 17 days ago.

I will therefore opt-out

Expert:  OleksandraC-admin replied 17 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
please continue, thanks