UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I need to ask someone a startup business related question,

Customer Question

I need to ask someone a startup business related question, have I come to the right place?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in County Durham England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing yet, I have a business idea that I wish to persue but need to ask some questions around it first
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, it’s literally for accurate information
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.

I am a solicitor. What do you wish to ask about this please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, I have an idea for a new website business that I wish to pursue, however, there are some questions that I’m hoping you can answer, I thought I’d come here as it involves the handling of customer data (with their consent) the website would also need a business directory, is there such a thing as a list of all the Uk companies that I could access?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If a company has a process for updating personal information e.g. call a specific department, can one of their customers send them a request via letter instead as the data belongs to the customer? (I hope I’m making sense)

You may use Webcheck to search for companies.

Yes, the customer may send the company a letter. However, it is up to the company how to address the letter subject to what resources the company has in place.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** feel I’ve wasted your time, I’m just hesitant to explore this new business idea. Tusk you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you*

You are welcome.

All the best