MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I have been applying for universal credit 2 times abd it was

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have been applying for universal credit 2 times abd it was rejected twice now i am unable to pay my house rent
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have just moved in a house 3months ago, and applies universal credit twice it was rejected I am not working because of two kids both under 2 years
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yeah and we don’t even know the rejection of universal credit it just said on the letter that you have’nt qualified for universal credit
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

In this case, if your application was rejected twice, and you disagree with the decision about your Universal Credit claim, you can ask the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to change it. You’ll need to ask for ‘mandatory reconsideration’ - this means the DWP will look at the decision again.

When you ask for the mandatory reconsideration you’ll need to include:

• the date of the decision
  • specific reasons why you disagree
  • your name, address, and National Insurance number

If you want to write them a letter, you should check your decision letter for the address you need to send your letter to. This is different depending on where you live. If you can’t find your decision letter or there's no address on it, contact the DWP to get the address. You should:

• write a message in your online journal
  • call the Universal Credit helpline if you don’t have an online account

Universal Credit helpline

Telephone: 0800(###) ###-####br>Telephone (Welsh language): 0800(###) ###-####br>Textphone: 0800(###) ###-####/p>

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Yeah we have done that too but they are not giving any answer, it’s been 2 months now we r having very difficulty in paying rent, my husband is going through severe dipperresion kindly help me
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Kindly reply

My apologies, I am currently at the conference. Please bear with me as I am typing my response.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok

In your case, you can speak to your landlord and tell them your situation. It might help to tell your landlord why you fell behind with your rent, for example, if you were unemployed for a while. You should check if you can agree to a repayment plan to pay off your rent arrears. A repayment plan means you'll make smaller payments to your landlord over a longer period of time. You’ll still have to pay everything back - but it could be easier than paying the full amount in one go.

Also, depending on your situation, you can use the Turn2us, Entitledto, and Policy in Practice benefit calculators to check which benefits you can get.

You can check the benefit calculators website here:

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is there any chance of positive reply of universal credit in reconsideration?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Plz reply
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.
indeed there is a chance of positive reply.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This was the reply
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
this

That is unfortunate. Please do let me know if you have any further questions.