12826847

I have been asked to go to court over 3x offences -Contrary

Customer Question

I have been asked to go to court over 3x offences
-Contrary to section 5(3) of and schedule 4 to the misuse of drugs act 1971
-Contrary to section 4(3)( b) of and schedule 4 to the misuse of drugs act 1971 x2 - which are b class, one is cannabis one is ketamine,
The weed was found in my car but not in my presence,
then a week later came to my house did not find drugs just fancy packaging, with no drugs or scales
the ketamine charge came from 2 years ago, and i assume they got that information through confiscating my phone on the arrest after coming to my house but again that is a concern of intent to supply, when spoken to about the initial cannabis i admitted it was mine, an in my car for personal use, i am not sure where to go from here i got the letter through today, and the hearing is 10.06.2022Any help would be great,
JA: Were these possession or supply cannabis charges? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: supply, yes 10th Jun
JA: Where are you located? Drug laws vary by location.
Customer: gu25 4eh
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: all info should be above
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hi
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no thanks
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hello?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

What would you like to know about this?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What possible charges could i be facing,
i have been previously arrested for a small possesion of drugs around 5 years ago, never got charged
was the police eligible to search my vehicle when i was not present at the scene?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
as stated above -Contrary to section 5(3) of and schedule 4 to the misuse of drugs act 1971
-Contrary to section 4(3)( b) of and schedule 4 to the misuse of drugs act 1971 x2 - which are b class
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

It depends if you want to contest this. If you want to contest it, then this would be a bad idea because you will admit the offence.

If you never intend to deny it, an apology wouldn’t be a bad idea. They may exercise their discretion in your favour.

On the face of it you were charged with possession andpossession with intent to supply probably in the alternative.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

They are perfectly entitled to search anything they like when you are not there

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Right thank you for your time and response, so the vehicle was there and i was not, no previous suspicion of any sort.. would they not need a warrant for this?
Secondly, i never denied the possession so they know this already, and after taking my mobile phone a new charge or a 'concern' which would be irrelevant to what has happened, has appeared from 2020 which was not previously discussed in the arrest and questioning, which happened last year
I have never been convicted of anything therefore i am more calm than nervous but i am not an expert within the law so is there any way of estimating the consequences of this?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

They can use a misuse of drugs warrant but they can also rely on powers under PACE

If they knew of a possession then they clearly did have suspicion

I would imagine they are saying you are a street dealer.  if this is Class B then the starting point is 18 months custody.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
well no, they wouldn't of known because i am not a street dealer
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

If you are charged with being concerned in supply, you very definitely are.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

And you said above they knew about possession

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.