How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1275
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I had a hire car and they have taken £35 from my credit card

Customer Question

I had a hire car and they have taken £35 from my credit card for a parking charge.This was from a pub that I was parked in the car park if whilst I went to lunch with a friend.I have spoken to the manager of the pub and he said as I was a customer that day it should not have been issued and I am entitled to claim it back via the company that issues the tickets.The problem is enterprise car hire have not given me a chance to see or appeal the ticket, they have just taken the money.Were they right to do this without checking or do I have grounds for a complaint because they didn’t check with me that the fine was valid before paying it and charging my card?Many thanks
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

Yes, you can raise a complaint. In most cases, companies that work in a transparent and fair manner should send you an invoice detailing the charge. Unfortunately, not all car rental firms act this way. In such a case, the first thing to do is get in touch with the company. Ideally, you should do this within 14 days of discovering the charge.

In this case, you should raise a formal dispute with the vehicle rental company concerned.

However, since a charge you disagree with has been taken, you can claim through your credit card provider under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. You should contact your credit card provider as soon as you discover the charge and clearly say that you want to make a claim under section 75. At this point, you should be given a form to fill out.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.