Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
One of the eligibility requirements for a spouse visa is to be legally married which will require for you to provide evidence of marriage, so applying for a spouse visa without it is impossible. She can enter the UK with a Fiancé Visa instead and switch to a Spouse Visa after getting married. However, you can also choose the option of getting married in her home country.
Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.
(1) UK Visa & Immigration aims to process 95% of UK Fiancé visa applications within 12 weeks. If you require a faster visa processing timeline, most visa application centres outside the UK offer a Settlement Priority Visa Service.
(2) Fiancé Visa will last for 6 months. You must get married within the duration of her visa.
(3) When switching from a Fiancé Visa to a Spouse Visa, the application is as straight forward as extending a visa since the Spouse Visa is more like an extension of the previous visa.
(4) An application for switching into spouse visa under standard service is likely to be decided by the Home Office UKVI within 3 to 6 months.
(5) Yes, you can.
(6) Yes, both Fiance Visa and Spouse Visa have financial requirement that must be met. However the £18,600 financial requirement is a combination of you and your partner's gross annual income, not individually.
Yes, absolutely, that can be used as proof of genuine relationship. In addition to this, it is also advisable to prepare and send a ‘proof of relationship letter’. This should be kept brief and to the point, and explain the circumstances of your relationship. Ideally, you should include:
It is also possible to ask a close family member or friend who know you well to write this letter. If so, they should include further details about how they know you (or your partner), when and how they first understood you were in a relationship and their belief that your relationship is genuine and will continue in the UK.
1. Yes. indeed. 2. Yes indeed. Do you have any further questions?
Yes from when you met.
No problem. We are always happy to help.