james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I'm buying a house and paying for it in full with zero

Customer Question

I'm buying a house and paying for it in full with zero mortgage, is there anything that can go wrong which means I couldn't get it at all even if I offer asking price or more? As assume it's more advertising someine paying in full rather than owing the bank? Also is it at all possible to offer more money for the house by quite a bit and offer more if they are able to exchange in a month or two? Didn't know if anyone had ever offered that before or if it was even allowed to be asked?Let me know
Thanks A
Expert:  james bruce replied 11 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Certainly you can purchase a property mortgage free. Indeed, many sellers actually prefer  that as it does not delay the sale and purchase by waiting for the Leander to confirm and or release money.

Yes, you can also offer more than the list price. Indeed some sellers will actually advertise a property as being "offers over £???????.

As a cash buyer, you can also skip some of the normal searches that form part of a conveyance if you are willing to take than risk and ask to complete in a very short time.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How long from putting a offer in to getting the keys? As a friend of mine has a no onward chain and the person buying her house has a no onward chain and paying 40k in deposit and its taken over 6 months and they still haven't completed?

Sorry I cannot say how long, that is up to the seller and buyer to sort out.

But six months is exceptionally long time. The normal standard time for a conveyance in the UK would be 8-12 weeks.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm thinking I may offer them two offers one 10K over asking price and then a 2nd offer of 50K over if they can do it in a month? Is this a strange thing to offer 2

That is unusual.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okaies thanks

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.