JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I have a complaint about the Nextdoor App, Southend, I have

Customer Question

I have a complaint about the Nextdoor App
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Southend
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have made multiple complaints to the app support with regards ***** ***** issue at hand.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am being savierly stiigmatised and bullied due to my name Francess Kray and the connection with the name on the Nextdoor app. All of my recent posts trolled over and revolting comments placed all over them. I started a review group with my sons. Closed the group advertising it closing and once again disrespectful and revolting comments of all types placed all over it. Most of the comments left all over the post’s. I announced the closure of one group and the opening of a new group in post. Closed the conversations on all posts previously placed. Due to the abuse I was widely known to be receiving. And the Nextdoor app providers have punished myself instead of these bullies and have now taken me off line for three days instead…
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

Your complaint about the app confirms it is not an isolated incident - if you click the following link, it shows you how others have felt the same way : Click Here

In terms of how to make a compliant to the app, they say that you should use the contact form, which can be found on this link :

Click Here

In terms of what else you could do, you could report them to Trading Standards (which you can do online, here: Click Here) and you may also want to ask your local MP (member of parliament) to look in to this - they may be able to help and possibly propose a law to Parliament to make this sort of activity illegal. That would then have a deterrent effect the people who are trolling you.

Your local MP can be found here: https://members.parliament.uk/FindYourMP

You should consider deactivating your account too - I note the platform is free to use so you could easily delete it.

If you know the people who are harassing you, you should speak to the Police on the 101 number too.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

I hope this helps

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JimLawyer.

Thanks again,

Jim

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you kindly. I have been suffering this trolling behaviour at its savier est now for over five days. I know full well the ones who are leaving the horriblesed of comments are still online un restricted as I have two accounts. The family first group account and also the open question account. Now known as the stand strong bullying support group.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Thanks and sorry to hear that. It happens everywhere - it's one of the negatives of using a social media site - there are trolls and scams around.