How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16352
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I have a question I'm 51 this year and wot to go to new York

Customer Question

I have a question I'm 51 this year and wot to go to new York bit when I was 18 till 20 years old I was in jail but I haven't been in trouble for over 30 years so will it be a problem
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I leave in England wot to go to New York for a hoilday and have a girlfriend from there
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have to get my passport first then I was going to see a lawyer to ask this question
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not for the moment that's it thank you
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Have you applied for a US Visa?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No not yet got to get a passport first so that's wot I need to do but wot about my criminal records when I was a teenager will they let me in for a hoilday to see my girlfriend for a hoilday??
Expert:  INC Law replied 17 days ago.


You will first need to apply for a passport.  Once you have this, you will have to apply for a US Visa and then diclose the information on the application form,

It will then be for US Immigration to make a decision on your application.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,