MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I want to do a claim against dfs through small claim court,

Customer Question

Hi I want to do a claim against dfs through small claim court, as in 2020 leather started to peel away, I have a report stating it’s a manufacturer fault
JA: The Lawyer can help you determine if you have a case. Where are you located? These laws vary by location.
Customer: Blackburn
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I bought the sofas in may 2016
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

Yes, you can make claim against them. To give more context, small claims are for simple cases that don’t involve large amounts of money or complicated issues as they are often used to get compensation or your money back if something’s gone wrong.

You can use small claims for things like:

• a faulty product
  • poor service
  • being owed a refund
  • disputes with your landlord - for example, if they haven’t done minor repairs
  • being owed money for work you’ve done
  • accidents when you’ve been injured - for example, a car accident

In this case, before you start a small claim, try to solve the problem another way if you can, like, by making a complaint or using formal mediation.

When you don’t have good evidence, you won’t have a strong claim and it might not be a good idea to start one. You should gather together any documents or photographs you have to support your claim. It might help you to list what happened in date order and then find evidence to back it up. What makes good evidence will depend on the problem. It could include things like:

• a letter or a receipt
  • photos of the damage caused
  • estimates or invoices - for example, for repairs
  • a statement from someone who saw what happened

Ultimately, you can use this form to make small claims: Form N1

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have Evidence from dfs independent investigator report stating that there is manufacture fault
But dfs are saying manufacturer fault only covers 2 years, but I have spoken to trading standards who advise me consumer act 2015 states different
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
That they should compensate

Yes, indeed you have rights under the Consumer Act. Then, in that case, you should proceed with your claim.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.