MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

My wife has Per-Settled Resident Permit in Uk, we pretend to

Customer Question

my wife has Per-Settled Resident Permit in Uk, we pretend to visit portugal.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: My citizenship is from Portugal No
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: tried to apply for a for her visa but no appointments were available until the day of Travel
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have Portugueses passport, my wife has a Angolan passport(but leggally as resident in UK)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My wife tried to apply for a visa to visit Portugal, She owns a UK resident permit, and I'm an Eu citizen from Portugal, Does she will need visa to entry to Portugal for less than 90 days?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We'll travel together, unfortunately, there were no visa appointments available for the time we pretend to travel to portugal.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.
Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

UK citizens can travel to Portugal visa-free for a maximum of 90 days, however Portugal schengen visa is required for Angolan citizens. Unfortunately to have the same benefits as that of a UK citizen, your wife will have to have British citizenship and passport. So, yes, she will need a visa to enter Portugal.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.