How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3509
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I am facing harassment and bullying on Facebook with fake

Customer Question

Hi . I am facing harassment and bullying on Facebook with fake accounts abusing me I have reported to faceboook to take action on these fake account but they say they can't do anything becouse it doesn't show
JA: How long has this been going on? Have there been violent threats?
Customer: These accounts are using a language that Facebook can not detect but they have reduced me to the core. They are violent threats of saying they will.harm me and they know where I live and my child
JA: Were the police contacted? If so, what happened?
Customer: Police said we can only contact facebook
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am.scared and feel very low . They keep posting my pictures and judging on the words they caption them with they have really ashamed the community
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay am here waiting
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Did Facebook investigate the issues you reported?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
They only said its not against their community standards but the problem someone is using a local language that Facebook can not detect. So that's how they are missing the harrasing and threats
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No they haven't helped
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 10 days ago.

Since the police are unable to assist at the moment I suggest you apply to the local county court for a civil injunction. This is a court remedy that orders the person to stop such conduct and failing to do so can amount to a criminal offence.

However, before you do this, send the person a cease and desist letter to warn the person of your intentions unless it stops.

Please give the person 14 days to stop the conduct.

You can obtain a “cease and desist” letter template from That said you can a draft letter by your self too but ensure you make it known it is a cease and desist letter and the person stops the conduct(ensure you spell out the conduct too) in question. Further it will be wise to remind the person that this conduct falls within the definition given within Section 1 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 which is as unwanted conduct designed to cause the victim alarm or distress”. Hopefully the letter may well be enough to stop the conduct as an injunction is a serious legal remedy.

Assuming the conduct continues after you send the letter then it would be up to you whether you want to apply for the injunction. My advice is to instruct a local solicitor to assist you with completing the relevant forms. Alternatively you can return to JA and open a new question and i or one of the other experts can assist you with regards ***** ***** the relevant forms.

I hope I have clarified the position.


Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 10 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe