Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have had a van on a lease deal which should of been

Customer Question

Hi, I have had a van on a lease deal which should of been returned in March 2019, the company were trying to find me a new van then the covid struck and I mwver heard from them until recently. I've kept uo all.the payments but obviously the determination of the van is greater than it would of been due to me having the van 3 and a half years more than what I should of had. The company are still maintaining that the van should be in the condition it would of been 3 and a half years ago. I think this is unfair as it wasn't my fault the van was returned. Could you please advise me. Thanks
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing, I just want some advice please
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No basically that's it.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 10 days ago.

Hello! I am Solicitor4All, a law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the inquiry. It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Thank you for your patience. If the failure to process the return in March 2019 was not your fault and they  could not take it back due to covid but you had to have a van to use in the interim then they cannot expect it to be in the condition it was in 3 years ago, however you have used the van in the same period and as such it will come down to negotiating a price to account for your usage and for you both to compromise.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am glad to clarify anything and to assist further. All the bes