How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 26444
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

My daughter will be going on holiday, with her stepdad,

Customer Question

Hi Good morning, my daughter will be going on holiday, with her stepdad, sister and his mum. I was just wondering if I needed a written letter of concent and for it to be signed. Thank you
JA: Where is she? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are based in the UK and she will be going to Turkey
JA: What steps has she taken so far?
Customer: I do not understand the question sorry
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing else
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.
I have been in the legal profession, in high street practice, for 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.
Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

Letter of consent from yourself?

how old is the child please and which country is she going to and for how long - thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
that is correct and she is 10 years old and she will be travelling to Turkey for 7 days.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

Yes you do need a letter of consent from the parent who is not going. It’s not always looked at at border control but the holidaymakers don’t want the risk of not being allowed to go.

Incidentally, if there is a court order that the child lives with one particular parent, then that parent can take the child out of the country for up to 28 days without consent of the other. But you would need to take the court order with you once again to avoid any problems.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question. I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Kind regards


Customer: replied 15 days ago.
You have answered all my questions thank you I feel alot better going forward. Many thanks and have a great day.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for letting me know and thank you for the kind comments.

If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months.

I’m glad that I was able to help.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

By the way, if you would like to ask me a new question in the future, (not just clarification on this thread, then please just type @ (the at sign) followed by my name and you’ll be able to select my username to tag me in the question.

If you like, you can also put “For Stuart J only” in the question thread and then the other experts will know that it’s for me.

You can also tag me as one of your favourite experts.

Thank you

Kind regards.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

It's my pleasure to help. I’m glad that I was able to help so far.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

Can I help you any further with this?

I'm happy to clarify anything which is outstanding. Please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards