Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I need some advie on the violation of Chalenge 25 in store,

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I need some advie on the violation of Chalenge 25 in store
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I have a friend who violated the law once, but she has disability and was on a probationary period when that happened. Can she be held accountable i this case?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.
Hello, I’m Ben, a solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

I see you have already mentioned that you have a question about the Challenge 25. However, I would be grateful if you could please provide some more details of your circumstances to enable me to understand your situation better. I also wanted to make you aware that this is not always an instant service, due to various legal engagements I could have and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my initial query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with some general information on this topic. Hopefully, it will still be useful to you. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through.

I assume that this person is employed there and they have failed to challenge a customer on their age, as per company policy. The first thing to consider is whether her disability ay have had a direct impact on her ability to determine whether someone should have been challenged. Whilst that does not directly provide an excuse for this, it does act as a mitigating factor, which should hopefully reduce the seriousness of the alleged offence.

SO the first thing is to bring this possibility with the employer and make it clear that this is a potential disability-related issue and that they should take that into full consideration when deciding on what, if any, further action should follow.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.