How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31555
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

I have a little boy of almost 1 year old, I live in a rented

Customer Question

Hello, I have a little boy of almost 1 year old, I live in a rented room and I can't afford to stay here anymore, you can help me with a house
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Poscod N170DT
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I talked to the people of Universal Credit. He gave me a number yes to speak English and tell me to press some keys and nusts
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like a home I have the little baby I am bitten by the spiders and my child as well please speak English I speak Romanian
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

  1. I'm very sorry to read of the above. May I confirm if you have contacted the local authority's housing department in relation to provision of accommodation to date please?
  2. for the avoidance of doubt, do I understand correctly you have not yet moved out of the property you are currently living in?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I talked to the universal credit gave me a number to call but nustiu English and telling me to press on the keyboard but nustiu what to press to talk to those that deal with housing
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
not yet
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can you help me?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

  1. thank you. May I clarify do you require an interpreter from what you say to deal with the local authority or have I misunderstood this point?
  2. you say you were given a number to call. Was this with the local authority's housing department?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I need someone to translate me because I speak Romanian
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
this is the number I don't know if it's***********
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

thank you. Based upon what you say, you may wish to consider making an application to register for the local authority's housing register. this can either be done online using the following link or by contacting the housing department:

I'm not sure what provision the local authority have in relation to interpreters. It may be that making an application online may  be more straightforward for you if you can either use translation software to translate the webpages or alternatively, someone that is bilingual to assist you in interpreting the pages for you. Otherwise, you may need to either contact the local authority to make an appointment with somebody who can interpret for you or enquire as regards ***** ***** local authority is able to provide an interpreter

it is important that you do not move out of your current property until such time as you have secured alternative accommodation as this may allow the local authority to deem you as making yourself voluntarily homeless which may mean you would not be entitled to alternative accommodation from the local authority

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
You can give me their number so I can call to see what I'm saying and I'll ask for a translator
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

certainly. Their contact number is(###) ###-####1000

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

I'm glad the above answers all your questions for now. If you have any follow up questions please revert to me.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

I'm very glad the above was of some assistance

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hello please can you help me so much I call you to give me numbers to call but nobody helps me
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 days ago.

I am sorry to read of the above. You may wish to consider contacting Shelter which is a Housing charity who may be able to assist:

Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.