Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a question. My twin sister used my ID when she was

Customer Question

Hello, I have a question. My twin sister used my ID when she was caught driving 0.46 promile of alcohol in London. And she didnt have insurance on the car, and I had. So she gave to the police officer my Driver’s license.. and know has to go to court. I know all this situation, but I dont know what to do now.. please help, how to solve this in a best way for both, I dont want her to go to jail for stealing my identity. But now she is so scared to tell the truth, that she thinks she will be sentenced to jail anyway. Please advise what is the best to do in this situation? Thank you
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the theft charges?
Customer: Yes 30.5
JA: Where did the theft occur?
Customer: There was no theft
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no is about it
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

I understand your sister has been caught drink driving but used your identification

I'm not really sure what you are asking.

She could be prosecuted for obstructing PC

But the main offence is the excess alcohol.

She will be banned from driving and given a fine.

She can get a 25% discount on the drink drive

I hope that my reply helps.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

ban by taking a drink driving course.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
She has to go to court, but since she gave my Drivers license, I suppose to go to court. If they find out that the document is mine not hers, then what?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Then as I have said - she can be prosecuted for obstruct PC

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If we both go and say the truth, what we can both get for this? What is the penalty for this crime?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

You wont get anytihng. She will get banned from driving,

I hope that helps.