How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16636
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I have a issue with my university, manchester, nothing, my

Customer Question

Hi I have a issue with my university
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my results are out for my exam today and the accuse me with “ Script has been sent for investigation
under allegation of misconduct”
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

The University will have a procedure if they allege misconduct on the part of a student.

There could be any number of outcomes from a reduced mark, a mark of zero (which is most common), having to re-take the exam , being refused the chance to resit, or even expulsion.

You will need to ask them why you have been accused of this - they will contact you shortly with any evidence they have and you will be given the chance to give your side of the story.

However, it would greatly help if you use a law firm (which specialises in academic misconduct) to speak to them and try to resolve this. If you don't then you are at a disadvantage and in the worst case scenario this could affect future employment prospects.

I will set out a few companies you could approach, as follows :

1. Click Here

2. Click Here

3. Click Here

Finally, please note that as an Internet forum (not a law firm), we cannot give legal advice - our remit is online information and guidance in a Q&A format.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

I hope this helps

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,


Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JimLawyer.

Thanks again,


Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you for your reply.
so my fellow colleagues told me that the university will sent iut an formal email to state the evidence and as students we have the opportunity to write a statement Defending ourselves . however if the statement was good enough and high level the Accusation will be dropped
So my question is do you know any lawyer or a company can help me with writing up a good statement to Convince my university
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.
Hi, yes, any of the the lawyers I mentioned in my answer would be fine. The last choice on that list is based in Manchester so maybe start with them and see if they can help first
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.
My pleasure, thanks