How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1213
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I have eviction from my home with 3 childrens,house is with

Customer Question

hi,i have eviction from my home with 3 childrens,house is with a mould,i had flees,and landlord never take action,and i did not pay rent for 8 month
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: peterborough
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: they gave me 1 week to move out
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I live in property wich is moulded and then os raining,water comes inside a house
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.
Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Withholding rent and landlord's failure to fix things are two different issues. Your landlord had breached their duty of care, while you have failed to do your responsibility also as a tenant by not paying rent. However, you may still be able to challenge the eviction.

May I confirm what notice you received - a section 8 or section 21 notice?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
hello,landlord did not send a letter,she just came and say to move out in one week time,she will call to police to move out us
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Landlord owes 6000 for electricity and gas wich i pay now
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

In that case, you are entitled to stay in your home. Your landlord cannot evict you without written notice, and more importantly you cannot be evicted without a court order. The police also have no right to force you out of the property, so calling them would be futile on your landlord's part.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Where can i get help to rent house?i got 3 children and 1 of them baby,can i ask in council?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

You can apply via the following link:

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.