How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1227
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

My partner was convicted for sex with an under 16 girl 13yrs

Customer Question

Hi, My partner was convicted for sex with an under 16 girl 13yrs ago, he went to jail and was on the register for 10yrs he has now been off yhis for 3yrs. He has a daughter that he has been apart of her life the past 3yrs but the mum will only let him see her if she's there, his daughter is Autistic he stay over st the weekend to help with her. The mum doesn't want him with anyone else and always stops him seeing his daughter if she finds this out, is he able to get access for himself so she can't do this ? Thank You
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Glasgow.
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: Nothing yet the mum just keeps saying he's not allowed to be with his daughter alone and he has believed this , although he takes her swimming, park and sleeps next to her himself in her house.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He is just worried as he has a criminal record for other stuff over the years nothing serious though thats it.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

A father has the same rights as a mother and contact cannot be legally stopped unless there are concerns that further contact could affect the welfare of a child. These concerns may be raised due to issues of criminal offences, drug or alcohol abuse, domestic abuse, or any other inappropriate behaviour which places the child at risk.

While having a criminal record will put him at a disadvantage in a case of child arrangement order, it is still possible to gain access to the child if it can be proven that the father pose no risk to the child. The court will mostly take abuse and violence into consideration in contrast to other convictions. However, in conclusion, without court order, the mother cannot legally prevent access.

This case would also benefit from being reviewed by a local solicitor, would you like me to provide details on how to locate one close to your home address?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
that would be great thanks , my postcode is G59QD.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Unable to talk as I'm working thanks
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

To find a local solicitor within your area, you may visit the website:

In the website above, there is a drop-down menu for "Your Legal Issue". You can also input your postcode, town, or city, so you can locate a solicitor near your area.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

That's alright. The request for a call is automated by the system, please ignore it.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.