How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3506
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I got a letter from you say i owe money to a dating site i

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** and i got a letter from you say i owe money to a dating site i cancelled months ago and i haven't got the money at all to pay it
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Australia
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I just got the letter today
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Ireally don't know as I'm new to all this
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Have you had a response to your letter disputing the payment request?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I just got the letter today saying i owe EUR 82.98 and they are going to take legal action if i don't pay and i cancelled of that site nearly straight away as it was like a big scam
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I don't have the money too call
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for the further information.

I suggest you review the terms and conditions of joining the site which should be online. If payment was required under the circumstances you used the site then you may not escape the fee. However if you cancelled promptly and in accordance to the terms which effectively meant no payment then I suggest you continue to challenge the payment request.

That said it will be wise to seek written clarification from them on why they believe you owe the money.

Once you get their written confirmation then you can consider reviewing the terms.

I hope I have clarified the position.


Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 7 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe