How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16730
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I need help I only get £320 a month so I'm not covering my

Customer Question

I need help I only get £320 a month so I'm not covering my bills
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ripley Derbyshire De53ge
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted Amber ally borough Council waiting to hear back
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No don't think so
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

It may be an idea to speak to the people you pay the bills to and try to come to an arrangement (to try and lower them).

We can't do this for you as we are not a law firm - we are an internet forum. We can offer online information and guidance in a Q&A format which may help.

As for who to ask for assistance, I would recommend the debt charity called Step Change - they are free to use and they speak to your creditors / anyone you pay bills to, to work out a plan which may help reduce your bills.

I note you are waiting for the council to get back to you - Step Change may be able to speak to them for you too.

As such if you contact them on this site : and I would think they can provide you with assistance, and also details of any benefits or other financial help you may be entitled to.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

I hope this helps

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,


Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JimLawyer.

Thanks again,


Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Wat can u do 2 help me
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I have given an answer which I can set out again if you would like me to.