How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31555
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

To which court do I make an application for a contract's

This answer was rated:

To which court do I make an application for a contract's terms to have no meeting of the minds please

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

  1. are you able to kindly provide a little more background as regards ***** ***** for the dispute please?
  2. is this a consumer or business contract?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It is a business contract between me and another to run a Care Agency

  1. thank you. Are you able to provide a little more detail as regards ***** ***** that has arisen - in particular for example whether the contract commenced or still be negotiated, and an outline of the dispute between you?
  2. roughly what amount is under dispute?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The contract commenced. The dispute is on shares. One part believed equal shareholding was on the term that both parties equally financial contribute and continue to do so in building up the business. The other part believed that they did not have to equal contribute money but own 50% shares still

Thank you. How much in ballpark terms is under dispute in terms of monetary value?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The company had a gross income of£38 000 last financial year

So how much are you seeking to claim?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
That I am the only share holder as I am the only one financial contributing to build up the business from the beginning

Thank you. Can you tell me what you would be asking the court to order? I believe I'm relatively clear in the circumstances but I remain unclear on what you would be asking the court to do.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am asking the court to declare that there was no meeting of the mind in terms of how to get the shares. As a result I am the only shareholder and owner of the business . I am the only one who put in money into the business

thank you. Based on what you say, an application would need to be made to the County Court using form N1:

the claim would like to be allocated to the fast track or multitrack of the County Court and the matter listed for a hearing in the assumption the other party enters a defence in relation to the claim.

The claim form would need to be completed in triplicate and sent to the Salford business Centre:

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks ever so much. Really appreciated

I'm glad the above answers all your questions for now. If you have any follow up questions please revert to me.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Where do I find the court costs please
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks ever so much.

I'm very glad the above was of some assistance

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.

Joshua and other Law Specialists are ready to help you