Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My ex wife has taken me to court to stop me seeing my

Customer Question

My ex wife has taken me to court to stop me seeing my children, she has her mum as a witness but her statement is untrue can I challenge the witness as misjudgement of character
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am representing myself and have just received the witness statement and I am putting forward my questions
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This is the 1st time I've sought legal advice in this case.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 7 days ago.

Hello! I am Solicitor4All, a law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the inquiry. It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do I have to respond to the witness statement from my ex wife's mother or do can I say its inadmissible as she doesn't get on with me and will say or do anything to help her daughter
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No thankyou for the phone call
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Are you there?

During child custody cases a parent/guardian unfortunately may report malicious fabrications of abuse, reflecting an emotional desperation which could otherwise be avoided. It is undoubtedly a source of extreme trauma for both the child involved and the accused, compromising a parent/guardian’s integrity and reputation, perhaps even temporarily separating the child and parent. Due to the laborious and stressful nature of these cases, they are treated with the utmost urgency by a court, attempting to conduct the trial swiftly and reduce emotional strain on those involved.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I know this can you answer my previous question please? Is her mother's statement inadmissible?

Your children's grandmother can be a witness for your ex if the facts she is witness to are  known to her as true. If you know she is lying yes you can address the lies in your own statement and if you have tangible evidence to show why they are lies you could ask the court to consider looking into finding that she is in contempt of court. Her evidence is admissible however whether is has strong evidential value will depend on how well you counter the statement.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist and clarify anything. All the best.