How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7544
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

My ex wife has taken me to court to stop me seeing my

Customer Question

My ex wife has taken me to court to stop me seeing my children, she has her mum as a witness but her statement is untrue can I challenge the witness as misjudgement of character
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am representing myself and have just received the witness statement and I am putting forward my questions
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This is the 1st time I've sought legal advice in this case.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 7 days ago.

Hello! I am Solicitor4All, a law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the inquiry. It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do I have to respond to the witness statement from my ex wife's mother or do can I say its inadmissible as she doesn't get on with me and will say or do anything to help her daughter
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No thankyou for the phone call
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 7 days ago.

During child custody cases a parent/guardian unfortunately may report malicious fabrications of abuse, reflecting an emotional desperation which could otherwise be avoided. It is undoubtedly a source of extreme trauma for both the child involved and the accused, compromising a parent/guardian’s integrity and reputation, perhaps even temporarily separating the child and parent. Due to the laborious and stressful nature of these cases, they are treated with the utmost urgency by a court, attempting to conduct the trial swiftly and reduce emotional strain on those involved.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I know this can you answer my previous question please? Is her mother's statement inadmissible?
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 7 days ago.

Your children's grandmother can be a witness for your ex if the facts she is witness to are  known to her as true. If you know she is lying yes you can address the lies in your own statement and if you have tangible evidence to show why they are lies you could ask the court to consider looking into finding that she is in contempt of court. Her evidence is admissible however whether is has strong evidential value will depend on how well you counter the statement.

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 7 days ago.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist and clarify anything. All the best.