Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

After a flippant comment about my daughter looking like

Customer Question

After a flippant comment about my daughter looking like someone else my husband has made us do a paternity test is this ok
JA: Where is your daughter? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps has your daughter taken so far?
Customer: Nothing I have done my test as has my husband I need to do my daughters
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's it really
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 16 days ago.

Hello! I am Solicitor4All, a law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the inquiry. It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I just really need to know if this is acceptable as I'm just a housewife and my husband is a multi company owner and very savvy
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I cant as he is here and works from home
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I know my daughter is his

No one can force another party directly to undertake a test. The only way to do so to get the test mandated by a court of law. And even then refusal is possible.

The person carrying out the test can only take a DNA sample if they have permission from either: the person being tested, if they're an adult. Someone with parental responsibility, if the person being tested is under 16.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have given my consent...I just wanted to know if this is an acceptable practice as I feel a bit railroaded
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Refusing would only look like I have something to hide

The decision to have a paternity test should not be ta***** *****ghtly and the father may have lots of questions. But to answer your question it is not illegal to ask for a paternity test if he is now not certain if he is the father.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist and clarify anything. All the best.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

You are most welcome. Thank you.