JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I need a landlord & tenant solicitor, 6 boldero place

Customer Question

I need a landlord & tenant solicitor
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: 6 boldero place Gateforth street NE8 8EQ
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The Westminister housing take me to court on 03/05/22 the judge order me to file a defense before 16/05/22 I need a solicitor help with this . I don’t have money
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have lived in this council flat for last 26 years, now they said I am abandoning my home , which is not trueCustomer: Chat is completed
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.
I have been in the legal profession, in high street practice, for 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.
Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 days ago.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'abandoning you home'?

Do you mean they are saying that you’ve left the home? Are you saying that you have never left it and that you have lived there 365 days a year since whenever you moved in?

all background relevant information please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My English is no good for ‘em by—
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 days ago.

I’m sorry but I can’t answer you based upon so little information.

The council have said that you have abandoned your home.

Either you still live in it and you’ve always lived in it or you haven’t. I need the background please.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I’m a secure tenant from Westminister council housing since July 1995.
I gave birth to my daughter Amanda 1995 after I’ve moved in this flat in 6 Boldero place Gateforth street NW8 8EQ
I was a single mum living with my daughter
Then I have met Stuart Purchase and have a daughter Monica in July 2014, when I was pregnant with Monica Stuart went on a holiday to Thailand and falling love with a Thailand women, we stopped our relationship before Monica born, later he returned to uk and started visiting Monica from time to time.
As a single mum of two I have to be strong, I studying Chinese medicine and working,
When Monica was 5 Stuart bought a house in north of London,***** Borehamwood WD6 5AG
He wanted Monica go live with him because my one bedroom flat was too small, consider his house have a garden for Monica can running around and playing I agreed.
From then I and Amanda living in Boldero place and Stuart and Monica living in Delamere road .
Stuart as a care worker have a night shift 2-3 nights a week, Monica was only 5 me and Amanda will go to his house sleepover, this arrangement keeps for years , I was working and studying and always dreamed one day can have my own clinic and to become a professional practitioner.
till 2013 after I got a master degree in science and Chinese medicine from Middlesex university I started looking for place to open my business, I have find a place by chance in therbold street, consider the rent is much cheaper than in central London and can look after Monica as well, I started building my business from zero and working 7 days a week from 10am—8pm .
With I started be a professional practitioner And business was going up secretly I always feel shamed that I am over 50 still never married and say to my clients I’m a single mother of two, Stuart and I both busy working and needing help each other for the kids , for example when I rent the business need a guarantor or when I try to opening the business bank account I need a address in this area or sometimes I am busy working leave Amanda with Monica he will cooking for both, occasionally we take kids go on holiday together seems we ok , so one day I’ve asked him what if we be married have bays a proper family? He wasn’t convinced first but few months later he said yes we can try , so we have married on November 2014.
From beginning couple months we were okay but very soon it changed, especially after he drinking and drunk he can be very aggressive and physically abusing me and the police had been called on two occasions.
After 4 months of marriage we have had talk made our decision that we can be friends but really can’t live together!
When I moved in to this flat it was a concrete shell, I have made substantial improvements and made a nice home for me and my daughter. I pay my rent and my bills and council tax on time, every year has gas safety check, and many times my taps, lighting, water pump damage or having issues I have been calling the council, when that happens I have to take a day off work waiting for they do the repair jobs. I have water and electricity , internet usage , I have tons of bills over last 26 and half years to prove I was living there and my vote registered always there my car parking permit was on and off because for saving some money. When the petrol price go up so much I sometimes staying my clinic if finish working too late and next morning have early acupuncture appointments.
October 2021 I have received a call from a woman, she says she is calling from Westminister council housing, her name is ***** ***** I didn’t understand why a person called me have a such harsh attitude, I was really scared and shocked when she asked me to hand back my keys. I was trying to say this is my home, I’m working so hard hope one day can buy it for me and my daughter Amanda have our own home, she says even you’ve bought it we still will take from you! Just hand back the keys we will no charge you ! Otherwise we have to against you .. I was crying and pleading on the phone , I was feeling as my world that I have build is crashing… she sounds I have no choice or chance . After that call I was shaking with disbelief this is real. I realized I just said okay But I have too much things I need time to move , I was so scared can’t think straight.After she started calling me every time harassing me and threatening me, once she says you know lots of people waiting for place to live you are a criminal! I was speechless but managed saying you are a criminal! Late other officer called me I was complaining to her about it!
On 03/05/22 I went to the court, because I never been to court I thought I am going to tell the judge and for sure the judge will know they’re doing bad thing to a good citizen, I was believed there is low and the judge is low to protect people…..I thought my situation is clearly because my work because my daughter I have to spender time away from home but that is my home for 26 years
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 days ago.

Over the last 2 years how much time have you spent in Thailand and how much time have you spent in the other house?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But It was only few minutes the judge gave me some time to file defense, It ending day on 16/05/22 .
Stuart has planned long time ago after Monica finish her A level he is going to sale his house and move to Devon to be with his family, and he already has many agents come to value the property . If they take my home I and Amanda will be homeless!
I can’t afford to hire a solicitor as I have no money
Please help me!!
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have not been anywhere . Because of vivid-19 , I was staying in my flat mostly, worked and go to spend two or three nights a week with my daughter Monica in Stuart house
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I've told you all of my background
I'm still living in .
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I've all my stuff clothes shoes furniture...everything in my flat , I'm living there, this flat is my home! I go to visit my daughter in borehamwood spend two or three nights there because Stuart have night shifts my daughter do not want be alone
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I've bills , photos can provide , what's else should I show to the judge?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 days ago.

I’m sorry but that doesn’t answer the question. One minute you say you are living in the home all the time and then the next minute you tell me that you are staying your daughter’s house 2 or three nights.

Over the last 2 years how much time if you spent in Thailand and how much time have you spent in somebody else’s house?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Have you reading my story ?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
You didn’t read my message details that I have spent hours to explain to you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Totally waste my time
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I only have one day left now
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 days ago.

I need the information I asked for please. Without that I can’t answer you.

I’m going to opt out of the question thread for another expert to consider. Please don’t reply because if you do the question returns to my inbox as requiring my attention and it will slowdown any other expert replying to you. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
This is no helping I want to close my account
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 days ago.

I can help you if you could let me have the information I asked for please.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would like to cancel my membership now
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How to do it
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 days ago.

I have no control over money, subscriptions or membership, I only answer questions. Indeed, I couldn’t access that part of the system even if I wanted to.

However you can contact customer services because they are very helpful.

Please try this

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

or this one

*****@******.***

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 5 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 5 days ago.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

A defence needs to be in the correct format - I have attached a template for you. It needs to be in numbered paragraphs and it needs to say which allegation you admit, which you deny and which you neither admit or deny (e.g. because you don't have enough information to plead).

Here is the link to show you what a defence need to contain : Click Here

In terms of what we can do, as we are an internet forum - we cannot give you legal advice and we cannot draft a defence for you. You would need to do it yourself or you would need to use a law firm.

The defence itself just needs to say why you dispute the claim being made against you.

If you do want to cancel membership please send an email with your request to***@******.***.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 5 days ago.

I hope this helps

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 5 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 5 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JimLawyer.

Thanks again,

Jim