ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I’m the Hr business partner in a group of companies. The

Customer Question

Hi, I’m the Hr business partner in a group of companies. The principle of one of this company referred to other colleagues that for him I was under drugs and I used drug during an inspection. This is not actually true at all and I can easily prove it. I have never did cocaine or use other drugs. I exceptionality smoked some weed but never at work. I am now worried about my reputation and I think that this behaviour was a severe form of defamation against me. If I was not the only hr person I would talk to hr. What should I do?
JA: There are several potential courses of action. Have you tried anything so far to put an end to these accusations? How long have they been going on?
Customer: Last week.
JA: Where are you located? Laws regarding defamation vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not really
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No I think is everything
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. You may speak to the CEO. I recommend reducing your concerns to writing should in case you do intend to take any further steps.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

If these statements have been made and they are not true you could take legal action against the company for defamation. You will have to decide whether you wish to take this step or whether your company y apologizing to you for what has been said is sufficient to resolve your concern.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 18 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.