How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16654
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I believe I may have been a victim of fraud. I sent money to

This answer was rated:

I believe I may have been a victim of fraud. I sent money to a customer of the Modulr bank (now called Tuum) - sort code 04 00 85.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have tried contacting them but cannot get through. I presume this one of the new computer banks Do you have contact details for them, please?
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I understand this is a bank based in Estonia although the transactions took place in UK
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have drafted a synopsis which I was going to send to them
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

Without further delay, you should report this to your bank and ask them (today if possible) whether they can charge back the funds. It may be possible if the funds are still in the recipient's bank account.

Next, as you have been a victim of online fraud, you should contact the Police - there is a specific division for online fraud and you should go to this site to report it :

As for contact details for the recipient bank, they have an online form which is to be found here: Click Here

If your bank is unable to recover the funds, you may need a law firm to step in - one which specialises in online fraud. There are a few around and I can send you details if required but do try your own bank first to see if they can recover the funds.

I hope this helps

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,


Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JimLawyer.

Thanks again,


JimLawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you