Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I reecently inherited a heritable property from my sister in

Customer Question

I reecently inherited a heritable property from my sister in which we both had lived foorthe past 20 years or soMy sister was ill and housebound and I was her carer.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My son who is 47 was in turkey and trying to return to the uk which he did and took up residence with my sister and me atmy sisters rquest and shortly becam a factotum for us both
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My sisterb died on boxing day 2021 and the situation descrribed above continued the house and contents wer alltransferred to me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My son asked me to put his name on the title which I agreed to doand instructed the solicitors accordingly
Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

I am very sorry to read of the above please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.

1. From what you say, you inherited the property from your sister. May I clarify was this due to a will your sister made or under the intestacy rules because she did not make a will?
  2. you mention that you have agreed to add your son to the title. May I clarify if this is instead of you or in addition to you to own the property as joint owners?
  3. How may I assist in relation to the above? do you have some questions you would like to raise on the same?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I meant to add my son as to be a joint owner with myself
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sorry I will need a Scots lawyer
Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

thank you for the clarification. A question can be raised in the Scottish legal section at the following link:

https://www.justanswer.com/scottish-law/

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.
I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.